Next Repair Cafe: April 24, Grandview Facility, Hendersonville
A Repair Cafe is a place where you’ll find volunteers with tools and supplies, available to fix broken objects while offering instruction in the form of hands on help. This is a free program where you are encouraged to bring in your broken appliance, stuck zipper, rusty tools, old bicycle, dull pruning shears – whatever you can imagine – and work with our volunteers to make the necessary repairs to keep it running.
Repair Cafe’s across the world have helped build resilient communities by offering access to hands on experience in the art of repair. At WNC Repair Cafe we’ll gather volunteers from the area for an evening of:
- Helping a neighbor: Restore valuable material items at no cost of labor.
- Learning by doing: Gain experience in practical hands-on skills.
- Sharing ideas: Gain insight and appreciation of how things made, repaired, and disposed of.
- Diverting valuable resources from the landfill: Engage in practical action on waste reduction.
- Building resilient communities: Empower our local community with the resources to prosper in a sustainable economy.
Additional Dates: July 24, October 16. All events are from 5-8 PM. Sign up forms available on the Living Web Farms workshops page
Participants are encouraged to sign up early, and provide detailed description of item for repair so as to increase the likelihood of successful outcome. Email Dan for questions.